Kristen L. Palacio-Martinez
Kristen L. Palacio-Martinez focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis in insurance-related matters. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Kristen spent nearly eight years in the real estate world, where she had overall responsibility for sales and leasing operations for over 1,000 units in multiple communities. Kristen’s real estate experience included coordinating efforts with title companies, mortgage specialists, realtors, sales personnel, and contractors, assisting in sales negotiations, training and supervising sales and leasing staff, and handling human resources functions.
- Represented insurance company in property damage claims.
- Represented homeowners in dispute with financial institution involving Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA) claims.
- Defended international clothing retailer in defense of premises liability action.
- Defended condominium unit owners in disputes with condominium association.
- Represented condominium and homeowners associations in matters related to foreclosures, liens, declaration of covenants, conditions, and restrictions, and bylaws.
Professional and Community Activities
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Cuban American Bar Association, Member
- Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
- Fluent in Spanish
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D.
- Dean’s List, Winter 2013
- Member, Cuban American Bar Association
- Member, Hispanic Law Student Association
- Nova Southeastern University, B.S.
- Dean’s List, Winter 2005, Fall 2005, Winter 2006, Winter 2007
- Psi Chi (National Honor Society in Psychology)
- Delta Epsilon Iota (Academic Honor Society)
- All Florida state courts
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Association Law Group, Attorney
- Mestre Law Firm, Clerk
- Manuel Vazquez, P.A., Clerk